plotting enzyme activity

Artem Evdokimov AEVDOKIMOZ at
Mon Jan 6 19:49:13 EST 2003

These days I would use constrained multivariable fit-to-data (using an
appropriate starting model guess, but allowing for expansion into more
complex models). Linear plots are OK for reactions that approximate
linearity, however much better accuracy can be achieved with nonlinear

<adeboer at> wrote in message
news:20030106150845.20429.qmail at
> Hello,
> I am an analytical chemist, combining enzymes with analytical instruments.
Now I have a question.
> If I will obtain Km and Vmax out of a michealis-menten plot, which type of
plot is the best to use, I mean: lineweaver-burk, eadie-hofstee,
hanes-woolf, direct linear...?