antibody production

D.K. no.email at thanks.to.spam.net
Thu Jul 24 19:43:06 EST 2003

In article <BA46646A-BE1A-11D7-B8C4-00306577FE10 at biosci.cbs.umn.edu>, nora at cbs.umn.edu (Nora Plesofsky) wrote:
>We are hoping/planning to have polyclonal antibody made to synthesized
>peptides of a protein, and I am looking for some advice: (a) does
>anyone know of a good program for predicting antigenic peptides?

As it stands now, hoping that an output from any such program will
be useful is a wishful thinking.

>(b) does anyone know of or have experience (especially good) with a
>company that synthesizes peptides and makes antibodies (in rabbits)
>against them?

Harlan Bioscience does very good job (and rather inexpensive).
You can change immunization protocol, screen a number of
rabbits with pre-bleeds, have additional pre-bleed sample
taken for a chosen rabbit, specify adjuvant of your choice, etc.
Highly recommended. I've made some pretty spectacular polyclonals
with them.

DK