reduction using DTT

biplabbose at hotmail.com biplabbose at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 27 06:27:36 EST 2003

Hi.
I want to performe stability study of a protein using spectroscopic methods like CD, fluorescence. As the protein of interest have disulfide bond, I want to reduce it using DTT, so that we can understand the importance of the disuphide bond in stability of the protein. What is the usual protocol for reduction of protein for such studies? Will 10mM-20mM DTT and incubation at room tem for 2 hr / or overnight incubation at 4 degree, do the job? Does DTT interfare in spectroscopic techniques?
Thanking you
Biplab Bose
AIIMS
New Delhi