Help!!Separate a protein from 2-mercaptoethanol

EK anybody at uchicago.edu
Wed May 28 17:04:05 EST 2003

Dialysis, salt or solvent precipitation, ion exchange chromatography and
whatnot. However, nobody can guarantee that your protein can survive any of
those. Do you know that BME is not critical to maintain your protein's
stability? I would start with dialysis as the gentlest method. Don't tell me
there are no suitable membranes on the market. Nowadays you just need to
have money :-).
EK

<nkokkoni at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:20030528202149.11253.qmail at ww02.hostica.com...

> I need to separate my 4000Da Protein from 2-mercaptoethanol. Can anyone
suggest a procedure that will give me a pure protein with high yield?

http://biowww.net/mynews/tree.php?group_name=bionet_molbio_proteins&begin=0