peptide separation

mcominetti at yahoo.com mcominetti at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 6 09:19:39 EST 2003

Hi,
I'm trying to separate peptides and small proteins on a SDS-PAGE tricine gel, but I'm having problems. After run 200mg of crude venom on a Sephadex G-75 colum I take the last peak and read the A280nm of samples. Then, I run an SDS-PAGE tricine gel but I can't see any band!
Does anyone have any idea about what is happening?
I'm concentrating the samples now and I'll try to stain my gel with silver, however I've heard that tricine gels are not well stained with silver...
Any contribution will be helpfull!
Thank you!
Marcia Cominetti
mcominetti at yahoo.com