peptide separation

EK nobody at elnino.com
Mon Oct 6 13:11:53 EST 2003

Why do you think your last peak is a peptide on the first place, and not
just any other compound absorbing at 280nm?
-Emir

<mcominetti at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:20031006141939.15887.qmail at ww02.hostica.com...

> Hi,
> I'm trying to separate peptides and small proteins on a SDS-PAGE tricine
gel, but I'm having problems. After run 200mg of crude venom on a Sephadex
G-75 colum I take the last peak and read the A280nm of samples. Then, I run
an SDS-PAGE tricine gel but I can't see any band!
> Does anyone have any idea about what is happening?
> I'm concentrating the samples now and I'll try to stain my gel with
silver, however I've heard that tricine gels are not well stained with
silver...

http://biowww.net/mynews/tree.php?group_name=bionet_molbio_proteins&begin=0