Comparing protein sequences.

Stefek Borkowski stefek at
Wed Dec 1 14:41:35 EST 2004

I have a problem. I would compare 2 known sequences of ca. 130 amino acid
residues, namely human epidermal fatty acid-binding protein vs. human ileal
fatty acid-binding protein. I have tried WWW BLAST at - chosing "Protein-protein BLAST
(blastp)", but unfortunately cannot find my match in the report of the
program. I suspect that the homology may be too little so BLAST skips this
pair of proteins in the report. How do I do it then? Maybe I should change
something in the settings of BLAST interface? Is there a kind of software
(maybe working offline) which accepts two sequences as input and simply
compares the two of them?
Thank you for any help you can offer.
Kind regards from Poland,