Protocol for extraction of total protein from organs............ to do westerns .....!

D.K. dk at
Mon Jan 26 00:07:00 EST 2004

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 20:22:44 -0600, "exce-lent" <acb at> wrote:

>I will appreciate of I could get a protocol for extracting total protein
>from tissues like liver, brain, kidneys, prostate, ovary etc, for doing
>western blot analysis.

Take a piece of tissue into 2% SDS, homogenize, for good measure
sonicate to break DNA. If even loading from different tissues is
required, measure total protein by BCA. After that, add DTT
to 100-200 mM final and boil. Not sure if this counts as a
protocol but that's what I did in the past for some crude