[Protein-analysis] Re: transparent protein

Dr Engelbert Buxbaum engelbert_buxbaum at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 8 12:32:56 EST 2005

axlprose at gmail.com wrote:

> thanks Lajos ... they keep going blue when they breathe, any ideas how
> to stop that?!  maybe I need something other than copper atoms to
> oxidise ...

That would require a transition metal whose complexes are not coloured.
You could try vanadium or molybdenum. They also can undergo
redox-reactions (both 1- and 2-electron) and thus could carry oxydation
equivalents in chemical rather than complex bond. Molybdenum cofactor
(MoCo) is actually used that way in some exotic (but essential)