[Protein-analysis] purification & sequencing

chetanchandra josh chet_josh2000 at yahoo.co.in
Mon Feb 27 10:56:31 EST 2006

My name chetan I m doing MSc in Mumbai uni.
   My topic for project is "proteomics of protease".
  I hv isolated a caseinolytic protease but may have residual contamination of casein.
  I used the media (M9 without amino acids and casein as only carbon source).
  I performed salting process And dialysis.
  I want ask that is this residual casein remained ,if any, will interfer with the SDS PAGE and will give 2nd band confusing with the proteases band. As i found many of protease hv molecular weight near to the casein. So what shd i hv to do with the purification process? and how much it will cost me to do sequencing ?
  Also i found the database for proteases called MEROPS database.
  in which i found no extracellular caseinolytic proteases assigned  for Bacillus subtilis. i hv used B. subtilis as my proteases source.