[Protein-analysis] Re: Protein assay

kaj.stenberg at helsinki.fi.invalid kaj.stenberg at helsinki.fi.invalid
Mon Jun 19 15:58:50 EST 2006

Ajitha <ajitha at cusat.ac.in> wrote:
> Sir,
>    I would like to estimate alpha amylase in phosphate buffer
> quantitatively. please give me the correct procedure. the problem is I
> didn,t get any colour during the lowry's procedure. i did with many
> dilutions

If you have access to a spectrophotometer which _accurately_ gives you
205nm (not only a digit on the display) it is the peptide bond absorbance.
But check your buffer absorbance!

Kaj Stenberg, Ph. D
Department of Biosciences            tel. +358-9-191 59682
Division of Biochemistry             fax +358-9-191 59068
P. O. Box 56, Viikinkaari 5          e-mail: kaj.stenberg at helsinki.fi
FIN-00014 University of Helsinki     http://www.helsinki.fi/~kstenber/
Finland

This message is environmentally friendly: every bit was created using
100% recycled electrons.