[Protein-analysis] Bacterial contamination of yeast two hybrid

S.Ananth at liverpool.ac.uk S.Ananth at liverpool.ac.uk
Thu Mar 9 07:44:57 EST 2006

Hi,
I am a final year PhD student at the University of Liverpool.
I have been carrying out yeats two hybrid experiments as a part of project work.
I seem to be facing the problem of bacterial contamination. In this regard I
read a message in google by Schmidt Thorsten. I was searching for the reply to
the message but couldnt access it.
I seem to have a similar problem of bacterial contamination in my yeast culture
and wanted to know  if there are any possibilties of eliminating it by the use
of a suitable antibiotic and also the concentration. Also could the use of the
antibiotic affect the growth of the yeast.

It would be great help if you could kindly suggest something to sort this
problem.

Cheers
Sahana