[Protein-analysis] Re: Prestained SDS-PAGE markers WITHOUT reducing agent

Amanda Gillespie gillespie.amanda at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 12:50:54 EST 2006

Yes, this is true, but sometimes, depending on the composition of the
markers, the non-reduced forms can run differently to the reduced forms, so
for accurate MW measurement you need to be sure that there is no difference
before resorting to this method - at least, that's been my experience...

Amanda

On 3/18/06, Allison <allison at nospam.com> wrote:

> If you leave a lane free between the markers and your non-reduced
> samples you don't need to remove the reducing agent. I have done this
> many times.
> Allison
>
> DK wrote:

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried --- Homer
Simpson