[Protein-analysis] Re: Osmotic shock - solvent vs culture volume?

Julio juliocortazar at o2.pl
Mon Mar 20 02:08:12 EST 2006

Dear DK

How much lysosyme u use. I suppose u add it to lysis solution. Next
question is about combination of sonication and osmotic shock. Should I
sonicate the cells when they are in lysis buffer? I used do use
sonication in ultrasound batch, however many proteins appeared I I had
problem with purification. However if it is possible to sonicate the
cells in lysis buffer or in the presence of Mg++ it would be really
graet for my yiels I suppose,

JC