[Protein-analysis] apoferritin

rolando rolando.perdomo at infomed.sld.cu
Tue Mar 28 21:34:02 EST 2006

Hi everybody. I am trying to calibrate a size exclusion chromatography
column. Among standard I planned to use apoferritin. I tried to
dissolve the apoferritin in 50 mM Tris-HCl pH 7.5, 100 mM KCl ( around
5 mg/ml). After some mixing with pipet, the solution was filtered
through 0.2 µm, the filter was clogged, but I could get some filtrate
I presumed was useful. However, the apoferritin eluted at the void
volumen. Apoferritin was ICN Biomedicals, lyophilized. Can anyone help
me with some hint to prepare the apoferritin standard to be used for
calibration?
Looking forward to any help!!!!!!!
rolando