[Protein-analysis] Re: Extraction of protein using trizol

Nick Theodorakis via proteins%40net.bio.net (by nick_theodorakis from hotmail.com)
Fri Oct 27 10:36:09 EST 2006

IanMc wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are trying to fractionate gut samples into RNA/DNA/protein using the
> protocols in the Trizol handbook. The procedure works OK but we are having
> difficulty resuspending the protein pellet at the end of the process ....

No kidding. That means the procedure worked perfectly ;-)

Seriously, those pellets are very difficult to to resuspend. I use a
probe-type sonicator and sonicate about three or four times between
incubating the samples at 50C for an hour or two between sonications.
Basically, assume it takes all day, and plan to have something else
going on at the same time to keep yourself busy.

Nick

--
Nick Theodorakis
nick_theodorakis from hotmail.com