[Protein-analysis] Re: Inferring rough protein structure from gel electrophoresis

Frank Küster via proteins%40net.bio.net (by frank from kuesterei.ch)
Thu Apr 5 03:19:01 EST 2007

dk from no.email.thankstospam.net (DK) wrote:

> In article <1175674177.024640.17620 from y66g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>, "Protenger" <yellowish from gmail.com> wrote:
>>Hi all
>>Is there any body know how one can obtain protein structure
>>information (roughly, for example hydrophobicity or roughly alpha or
>>beta content and so on) by gel electrophoresis
>
> No way. But you can try CD spectra for starters.

That's what I would suggest, too.

>>or related technics
>>without using rigorous technics such as X-ray crystalography or NMR or
>>prediction by bioinformatics tools.
>
> At present, predictions don't work.

Well, I think prediction of helices (Agadir and such) has a fair chance
to be correct.

Regards, Frank
--
But this:
> For fucks sake...
is just offensive.  It should have an apostrophe(!)
[MJ Ray, nowhere]