[Protein-analysis] Transcription Factor Binding Sites and DNA-Direction

ALiX via proteins%40net.bio.net (by alix.tofigh from gmail.com)
Thu Apr 5 06:43:34 EST 2007

Hi,

Concerning transcription factors (TFs) and their binding sites and
motifs: does anyone know whether TFs can bind to their DNA-sequence
motifs in both directions? For example if a TF binds to a motif such
as 5'-GGGTTT-3', will it also bind to its reverse 5'-TTTGGG-3'? I'm
specifically interested in experiments done in vitro where the
cellular machinery does not get in the way (I'm looking at results
from EMSA with synthetic DNA-sequences).

Thanks,
/ALiX