[Protein-analysis] frozen aliquots of protein:DNA complexes

Emily Arturo via proteins%40net.bio.net (by ecakbd At missouri.edu)
Thu Feb 1 14:00:04 EST 2007

Hello,

I have recently discovered that it will be to my great advantage that
I freeze (at -80degC) aliquots of my protein for use over long periods
of time.  I want to do the same with the protein complexed with its
high-affinity DNA 'ligand'.  Has anyone had experience with
successfully deep freezing protein:DNA complexes?  fyi: 'successfully"
in my case would mean crystallizing the complex for x-ray defraction
studies.

Emily.