[Protein-analysis] NMR vs X-ray : protein structure

chuaby from hotmail.com via proteins%40net.bio.net (by chuaby from hotmail.com)
Tue Feb 27 10:46:52 EST 2007

I am trying to learn about NMR and X-Ray to find out protein 3D
structures. I have read from the web that the results from NMR and
Ray could be quite different. But i do not have access to some papers
that discuss about this.

I read that NMR cannot handle large protein well but X-ray requires
protein to be crystal form. I wish to get a feel from practitioners
what are the relative qualities of each structure determined by these
2 methods ? presuming testing on a same protein. which results to
believe ?

Thank you
Best Regards
Boon Yiang