[Protein-analysis] proteins in urea-SDS

Florencia Campetella via proteins%40net.bio.net (by fcampetella from gmail.com)
Fri Mar 9 14:08:41 EST 2007

Hi, I solubilized a pellet with a buffer containing 70 mM Tris-NaOH [pH 6.8],
8 M urea, 2.5% SDS, 0.1 M DTT, 10% glycerol, bromophenol blue, and kept the
samples on ice. When going to load the gel I noticed some aggregates I
couldn't get rid off, gelatin-like. It's the first time I'm using this
buffer so I don't know what could be happening...
I was told urea is not stable and over time it ionizes and really affects
your protein sample, can anyone tried to freeze their samples with this kind
of buffer?