[Protein-analysis] Re: ELISA HELP NEEDED Cant Get anything to Work

Allison via proteins%40net.bio.net (by allison from nospam.com)
Mon Mar 26 15:10:05 EST 2007

Barbara wrote:

> I'm trying to develop an ELISA Assay to measure ENAC & ATPase in
> mouse
> cochlea lysates. I've been able to do so using NFkB, TNF & VEG kits.
> But there are no kits for these ab. I posted initially on the
> wrongforum I think.
>
> I have tried coating the Nunc maxisporp plates ( at a couple of conc)
> with rabbit anit-mouse ENAC or rabbit anti-mouse ATPase then add my
> antigen (mouse lysate) followed by ALphatase goat anti rabbit IgG. It
> seems that nothing sticks. Given the small amount of lysate &
> variability coating wit hthat is not practical.

If your first Ab is RABBIT anti mouse and your second Ab is goat
ANTI-RABBIT then all you will detect is the coating primary Ab.

A better series would be:

Rabbit anti-ENAC
blocking protein
lysate
Mouse anti-ENAC
Enzyme-conjugated goat anti-mouse IgG

Whatever antibody you decide to use it is important to keep track of the
animal it was made in as well as its specificity.

I have used the Nunc plates for ELISAs and I find that they work well. NAYY

HTH
Allison