[Protein-analysis] Re: Domain binding motifs database?

Philipp Pagel via proteins%40net.bio.net (by pDOTpagel from gsf.de)
Tue Oct 16 04:05:16 EST 2007

Oznur Tastan <otastan from gmail.com> wrote:
> Is anyone aware of any database or list that includes the known domain
> binding motifs. By domain binding motifs, I mean  the protein sequence
> motifs on the binding site  to a protein domain. Like the PXXXP motif
> observed in SH3 binding domains.

Although not really a database, Tony Pawson provides useful information
on such domain-motif interactions on his web site:

http://pawsonlab.mshri.on.ca/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30&Itemid=63

cu
	Philipp

--
Dr. Philipp Pagel                             Tel. +49-8161-71 2131
Lehrstuhl f. Genomorientierte Bioinformatik   Fax. +49-8161-71 2186