[Protein-analysis] Re: His-tagged protein purification from yeast (k lactis) supernatant

Dr Engelbert Buxbaum via proteins%40net.bio.net (by engelbert_buxbaum from hotmail.com)
Wed Jan 16 13:48:09 EST 2008

Am 04.01.2008, 16:03 Uhr, schrieb DK <dk from no.email.thankstospam.net>:

> Well, that means you need to get rid of the medium and all of my
> suggestions are potentially applicable.

Yes, I think so too. I'd probably try to concentrate my extract in an
Amicon pressure cell, add a suitable buffer and repeat a couple of times.
That should remove most of the low MW contaminants.

Even better of course to pellet the cells in a centrifuge, resuspend and
then lyse in a defined medium. I never liked the idea of proprietary
reagents where you don't know what the hell you are getting into.