[Protein-analysis] Re: Coarse functional protein classification

Nick Theodorakis via proteins%40net.bio.net (by nick.theodorakis from gmail.com)
Sat Sep 6 10:12:51 EST 2008

On Sep 5, 5:33 pm, "Oznur Tastan" <otas... from gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, is anyone aware of a database which provides  functional protein
> classification  in broad terms, for example "kinases", "receptors" would be
> two protein classes. I've just checked the root terms of InterPro,  it was
> still too specific for my task.

Many receptors are also kinases, you know.

There is the EC enzyme nomenclature for classifying enzymes by the
type of reactions they catalyze, but it's only  for enzymes and may
not be exactly what you are looking for.

Nick

--
Nick Theodorakis
nick_theodorakis from hotmail.com