[Protein-analysis] Re: (no subject)

Dr Engelbert Buxbaum via proteins%40net.bio.net (by engelbert_buxbaum from hotmail.com)
Mon Apr 13 08:41:18 EST 2009

Am 12.04.2009, 09:32 Uhr, schrieb zoubida akkouche <akkzou from yahoo.fr>:

> Hello,
> I am a student in Biology at the University of Bejaia in Algeria, I'm
> preparing my thesis magister (protein-protein interactions of egg
> whites), I seek a protocol chromatography gel filtration with gel
> Sephadex G75 to separate the proteins of egg white, actually I'll use
> the three major proteins of egg white (ovalbumin, lysozyme and
> ovotransferrine) powder, if you can help me.
> Also I'd like to understand protein-protein interactions within the cell
> in general, their different sizes and types and methods used to study

Since you did not tell us what you are looking for, advice can be only
general.

For deparation techniques you should download the booklets available from
http://www1.gelifesciences.com/aptrix/upp01077.nsf/Content/orderonline
handbooks. That should give you a good idea on theory and practice of the
procedures involved. You may also want to get a good book on general
laboratory methods in biochemistry, e.g.

@book{Sco-94,
         AUTHOR= {R.K. Scopes},
         TITLE= {Protein purification, Principles and Practice},
         YEAR= {1994},
         PUBLISHER= {Springer},
         ADDRESS= {New York},
         EDITION= {3},
         ISBN= {0-387-94072-3},
         LANGUAGE= {engl}
}

And finally some books to introduce you to to the biology of the field:

@book{Hol-06,
         AUTHOR= {K.E. van Holde and W.C. Johnson and P.S. Ho},
         TITLE= {Principles of physical biochemistry},
         YEAR= {2006},
         PUBLISHER= {Pearson},
         ADDRESS= {Upper Saddle River, N.J.},
         EDITION= {2},