[Protein-analysis] Re: Recepie for precipitants

Dr Engelbert Buxbaum via proteins%40net.bio.net (by engelbert_buxbaum from hotmail.com)
Fri Mar 6 12:35:00 EST 2009

Am 05.03.2009, 06:45 Uhr, schrieb Sarwat Ahmad <sarwat_bqau from yahoo.co.uk>:

> I am completely new to crystallization. I want to play with lysozyme. I
> obtained some crystal with 15% NACL but I want to know which other
> precipitants I can used for this.
> How to make a good receipe for the precipitants.
> regards

If you find a good answer to that question they'll probably pay you a trip
to Stockholm. Until then it is trial and error, using "sparse matrices" of
precipitants that work with other proteins.