[Protein-analysis] lysate reduced Ni resin

michelle.fodor from novartis.com via proteins%40net.bio.net (by michelle.fodor from novartis.com)
Sun Aug 29 15:48:14 EST 2010

I ran lysate (from e.coli)  through a HisTrap ff column and the resin
turned a purple/brown color and my yield was rather lower than usual.
Neither the wash (lysis buffer) nor elution buffers had any effect on the
resin when I equilibrated the column.  Also, the pH of the lysate matched
the lysis/wash buffers.  Has anyone experienced this?  This is the first
time this happened during the purification of this particular protein
(this will be the 4th prep)...

Any help would be appreciated!!!

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

exclusive use of the individual or entity named above and may contain
information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of the
notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete the material from any
computer.  Thank you.