I am first?

Susan Northcut snorthcu at uoguelph.ca
Mon Feb 21 10:51:58 EST 1994

David Boyer (dboyer at magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu) wrote:

: I think that I am the first poster in this new newsgroup!!!  This could be real
: cool.   I work in the prairie at the Ohio State University at Marion.  I teach
: kids about the pond creatures (esp.  Protista (the hero of this group))

I am once more trying to add a comment onto a network: this time I hope it
will not go to the person to whom I am commenting.

My name is Sue Northcut, and I am a student at the University of Guelph.
I also run my own business doing outreach outdoor education to schools,
museums and nature centers.  Although I deal mostly in macroinvertebrates
when I take a group "down to the pond" I would like to begin expanding my
focus and show people a little more aobut the Micro world.  Has anyone got
any practical suggestions for how?  What equipment are other people using?
How do you deal witht eh safety aspect of 10 to 20 people and water?  How
do you control environmental damage?  I would be very interested to know
what you are up to.

Thanks for any help anybody can give me.

Sue