Ciliate Taxa

Mark Siddall mes at
Wed Jun 1 20:28:22 EST 1994

In article <199406012048.NAA23587 at> MJOHNSO3 at UA1VM.UA.EDU (Mark Johnson) writes:
>I've heard rumors in the wind that another major revision in the classification
> of ciliates is in the works.  True?  If true, is this the reason for the delay
> in the next addition of the Illustrated Guide?  Or is that a separate issue?

I believe it is a separate issue as I know of one individual involved in
editing said guide who has yet to receive all from contributers.

Corliss just came out with a "user-friendly" classification of protists
which I have not seen, though I've sent for it.  The precise ref. escapes me
for the moment.

Mark E. Siddall            "In saying what is obvious, never choose cunning.
mes at                    Yelling works better."     - C. Ozick
Virginia Inst. Marine Sci.
Gloucester Point, VA, 23062