Teaching Protistology

David J. Patterson paddy at EXTRO.UCC.SU.OZ.AU
Mon Jun 6 03:53:25 EST 1994

Mark

What is a cladistic point of view.

I have taught many courses on protozoa at many levels, and in many
contexts.  all depends on how many lectures you have.

Most courses don't allow more than about 4 or 5, and at that level, I
usually provide an evolutionary overview emphasizing the cytological
innovations

then revert to adaptive 'types'

and then give a talk on each type with a small number of examples

david patterson