Trichamonas Galinae (sp)

Kevin kwatson at cats.ucsc.edu
Tue Oct 11 15:53:25 EST 1994

Hello, I am aware that this is probably not the place to post this,
but it is the closest I could find.  I am looking for a good source
of information on a Protist, Trichamonas galinae (sp), the source of
a crop infection in columbaforms (pigeons,etc).  I work in a wildlife
rehabilitation center, and have been asked to describe this protist.
The best I can do is to tell the volunteers I work with to look for a
flagellated, 'pear-shaped' organism that seems to move against Brownian-
motion.   I appreciate any help you can give me, even if it is to point
me to a better Usenet group to post this question on.

Thank you,
Kevin
(kwatson at cats.ucsc.edu)