ciliate nuclei

Sean Buchanan Bioc sgb12 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
Wed Oct 26 04:39:45 EST 1994

Newsgroups: bionet.protista
Subject: Ciliates
I am interested to find out how much is known about the structure of the
micro- and macronuclei of ciliate protozoa. For instance do both these
organelles have canonical nuclear envelopes with nuclear pores, lamins
etc. and are there any structural differences related to the specific
functions of these two nuclei. (I realise that the chromosomal
organisation is quite different between the two). If any one can answer
this question or point me in the direction of a potential answer I will
be most grateful.

Thanks in advance,

Sean Buchanan.