Spamming

Mark Farmer farmer at emlab.cb.uga.edu
Mon Oct 9 09:19:33 EST 1995

Fellow Protistologists,

In the future when we receive unsolicited email to this newsgroup PLEASE
just hit the delete key and ignore it.  By responding to the group (e.g.
using the reply function) you will only occupy more bandwidth.  The
sender is NOT a member of this group and will NEVER see your angry reply.
This technique of mass emailing to user groups is known as "Spamming"
(after the Monty Python routine).  It is a pain in the neck but one of
the costs we pay for having an open and unrestricted flow of information.

If you are REALLY angry at a particular "spammer" please reply directly
to them and not to the group

Your friendly Discussion Group Leader,

Mark A. Farmer