Eukaryote endosymbionts

David Roos droos at sas.upenn.edu
Sun Sep 10 12:50:16 EST 1995

My lab has been studying an uncharacterized, multilamellar organelle in the
Apicomplexa (Plasmodium, Toxoplasma, Eimeria, etc), which has led us into
the area of presumed eukaryotic endosymbionts (yielding organelles
enclosed by multiple membranes).  Unfortunately, I am no expert in
protozoology ... can someone point me to descriptions of such
endosymbionts and the taxa in which such phenomena occur?  Thanks -- DSR
David S. Roos / Associate Professor / Departments of Biology and Microbiology
Univ. of Pennsylvania / 415 S. University Ave. / Philadelphia PA / 19104-6018
droos at sas.upenn.edu / tel:215-898-2118 / lab:215-898-2120 / fax:215-898-8780