Video microscopy with Quadra 840AV

Hans Sluiman H.Sluiman at
Tue Dec 10 07:09:36 EST 1996

I have a Macintosh Quadra 840AV which seems quite suitable for recording and
editing video movies as it comes with an S-video input port. What I'm
interested in is recording fairly slow processes such as cell division
in microscopic algae using a video camera attached to a microscope, capturing an
image, say every minute or so. Has anyone used an 840AV (or any other Mac) for this
purpose and what additional software (apart from the built-in Video Monitor and
FusionRecorder software) would be needed, if any, to do the job properly?

Hans Sluiman
Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh
h.sluiman at