Giardia cysts required!

Doug Rice drice at
Wed Jan 22 10:25:13 EST 1997

In article <5bvgmp$2lf8 at> andreas.hassl at (Andreas Hassl) writes:
>From: andreas.hassl at (Andreas Hassl)
>Subject: Giardia cysts required!
>Date: 20 Jan 1997 10:16:57 GMT

>Dear colleague,
>working on a water hygiene project we are searching for a supply with:

>Cysts of Lamblia intestinalis = Giardia lamblia
>(second choice: trophozoites)
>We will need about 3x10E6 organisms in spring 1997.
>The cysts must be viable to a large extend and may be of human or animal origin.

Contact CH Diagnostics in Colorado, USA.  Their phone number is (970)
667-9789.  Carrie Hancock (CH) is one of the leading Giardia people in the
USA.  She supplies and identifies Giardia and Cryptosporidium.

Douglas A. Rice
CSU-Environmental Quality Laboratory Director
Applied microbiology of food, air, water and soil.
drice at
voice:  (970) 491-6503
If you streak them, they will grow...