Job at MBL

Mark Farmer farmer at EMLAB.CB.UGA.EDU
Tue Mar 4 09:13:21 EST 1997

I am passing on this advertisement that appeared in the February 7
issue of Science.

-Mark Farmer
Evolutionary Genomics at the Marine Biological Laboratory
Woods Hole, MA

The newly formed Bay-Paul Center for Comparative Molecular
Biology and Evolution at the Marine Biological Laboratory at
Woods Hole invites applications and nominations for positions
in Molecular Evolution.  Appointments will be made at the level
of Assistant or Associate Scientist.  Candidates are expected to
have an outstanding, innovative research program in
comparative Molecular Biology and Evolution that is capable of
attracting external support.  Preference will be given to
candidates with interests in computational and functional studies
of microbial genome evolution.   We will also consider
candidates with interests in molecular diversity of protists and
marine invertebrates.  Startup packages and salaries are
competitive.  Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae,
statement of research interests, and a list of five references to Dr.
Mitchell L. Sogin, Director, Center for Comparative Molecular
Biology and Evolution, Marine Biological laboratory, 7 MBL
Street, Woods Hole, MA 02543.  Position is open until filled but
initial applications must be received by March 25th.

MBL: An equal opportunity/affirmative action/non-smoking
institution