agar problems...

newsmgr at newsmgr at
Fri Oct 31 08:36:13 EST 1997

Newsgroups: bionet.protista
Subject: Re: agar problems...
From: gaia213 at (Gaia213)
Date: 31 Oct 1997 02:11:31 GMT

Assuming you're using petri dishes, I wonder if you could use some sort of wide
 spatula to scrape the top layer from the media - including the protzoans.
 Next, place the layer in a beaker of water. The media would dissolve in the
 large volume of water and your protozoans should be swimming about freely. I'm
 sure you'd lose a few of the organisms in the process. But, you could then
 pipette the remaining organisms from the water.