to algal lists 2/24/2000 Anaerobic Microbes-where they belong?

Joseph Seckbach seckbach at CC.HUJI.AC.IL
Wed Feb 23 16:44:04 EST 2000

Re: Are Anaerobic Microorganisms
among the extremophiles?

Dear Colleague,
This message is being sent to 3 lists, so sorry if you
will get it twice (just delete the second one!).
I am editing a new volume which is entitled:
"Journey to Diverse Microbial Worlds:
Adaptation to Exotic Environments."
 My question is: Would it be fair to include also the
Anaerobic Microorganisms among the Extremophiles
and cells thriving under sever habitats?. I have some
discussion with my colleague and would like to hear
also your opinion on this biological question.
I would appreciate your thoughts about this issue.
Thanking you for your cooperation.
Joseph Seckbach

      Hebrew University of Jerusalem
     Mevo Hadas 20, P.O.Box 1132