Special protist needed

M.Q.Benedict at iaea.org M.Q.Benedict at iaea.org
Thu Jul 31 13:25:59 EST 2003

Dear Colleagues,
I am involved in a project that requires development of a living
larval mosquito diet.  Larvae are opportunistic feeders consuming
particles from 5-50 microns.  I would like to identify a protist with
the following qualities:

Essentials
5-50 micron diameter
free-swimming
viable in fresh water
easily digestible
can be axenically cultured relatively inexpensively

Desirable
tends to accumulate in the top 1 cm of the water
axenic culture media is inexpensive
can be freeze-dried

Thanks,
Mark Benedict
IAEA/CDC

This email message is intended only for the use of the named
recipient. Information contained in this email message and its
attachments may be privileged, confidential and protected from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read,
copy, use or disclose this communication to others. Also please
notify
the sender by replying to this message and then delete it from your
system. ---