[Protista] Is it a rotifer ?

Martin via protista%40net.bio.net (by martin from umce.ca)
Sat Oct 14 05:12:44 EST 2006

Hello,

I know this posting is not appropriate here but protistologists are in a
better position than most biologists to give a sound advice about
organisms living in the microscopical world.

So, I recently found in a small freshwater pond something that is
probably a rotifer but one of a special kind I never saw before.  If
somebody could give me a hint about its exact nature, that would be
greatly appreciated.

The beast (photos and a movie) can be seen on:
http://www.umce.ca/cours/martin/microscopy

Thanks in advance.
Marti