Acid Activation Protocol for TGF-beta Detection

CC Queiroz ccq1 at
Fri Nov 27 04:12:15 EST 1998

Dear Friends,
I am currently trying to set up a protocol for circulating TGF-beta1
detection by using reagents from R&D Systems. I am aware that it is
necessary to perform an acid activation of the sera samples before
assaying, however, I could not find detailed protocol information about
this acidic treatment, even trough the R&D company itself. I would really
appreciate if someone could send me the detailed protocol for acid
activation of sera samples or inform some reference where I would be able
to get it.
In addition, if is this possible, since I am also aware that some
researchers do not acidify the samples prior assaying for TGF-beta, I
would like to know which assay is more accurate and why.
Thank you very much in advance,

Claudia Carvalho Queiroz
Visiting Graduate Student
Dep. of Biology, University of York,