Schistosoma on line journal ?

PD Dr. Christoph Grevelding greveld at uni-duesseldorf.de
Thu Nov 29 07:25:16 EST 2001

Dear Colleagues,

ON-LINE PUBLISHING - SCHISTOSOMES / SCHISTOSOMIASIS

You may be aware of an on-going initiative by BioMed Central to promote the
publication of scientific research on-line. BioMed Central provides rapid
peer review and publication and free access to the full text on line, which
means no subscription charges. All articles published by BioMed Central are
archived in PubMed Central and indexed in PubMed.
Further information can be seen at <www.biomedcentral.com>.

BioMedCentral recently offered to provide help and facilities to set up
on-line journals with new titles and this invitation has already been taken
up by some
parasitologists. Thus 'Malaria Journal' is due to be launched in a few days at
<www.malaria journal.com> and two other journals, 'Filarial infections,
diseases and their control' and 'Kinetoplastid biology and disease' are in
preparation for launching in the near future.

We are writing to you to solicit your opinion on the idea of launching a
publication dealing with schistosomes/schistosomiasis.

We look forward to your replies. Please use the schisto newsgroup platform
to let us know your opinion by return. If you feel strongly one way or the
other, please let us know the reasons for that also.

Looking forward to hearing from you in due course.

Yours sincerely,

Mike Doenhoff, Christoph Grevelding, Fiona Godlee