init_exp binary available

James Bonfield jkb at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Tue Oct 25 04:07:53 EST 1994

Hello,

Due to an oversight on our own part we did not ship the init_exp binary with
the 1994.2 package distribution. The program replaces expGetSeq and performs a
similar task, except without the automatic quality clipping. It is required
for pregap.

We have now made this available by anonymous ftp. To ftp the program use "ftp
al.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk" and "cd pub/staden/init_exp/X-binaries" where "X" is
your relevant machine type (alpha, sgi, sun or solaris). You'll find in there
both init_exp and init_exp.gz files; the latter being a GNU zipped version of
the former. Finally type "bin" and "get init_exp" (or "get init_exp.gz" if you
use gzip) to obtain the file.

The source code for this progrm was sent with the distribution. To compile use:

a) Make sure the STADENROOT environment variable is set correctly.

b) Set the MACHINE environment variable to the machine type - one of alpha,
dec, sgi, solaris or sun.

c) cd to $STADENROOT/src

d) Make the io_lib libraries. Type "make io_lib" (or "gmake io_lib" on alpha,
dec or sgi systems).

e) Make the init_exp binaries. Type "make init_exp" (or "gmake init_exp").

f) Copy the newly compiled binary to the bin directory:
cp init_exp/$MACHINE-binaries/init_exp $STADENROOT/bin

If you still have problems please mail us,

	James
--
James Bonfield (jkb at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk)   Tel: 0223 402266   Fax: 0223 412282