Xbap, list contigs?

mathog at seqaxp.bio.caltech.edu mathog at seqaxp.bio.caltech.edu
Fri May 5 13:38:20 EST 1995

Hi,

Short form:  How does one get Xbap to display contig maps and contig names?

Long form:  I've been testing a build of the Staden package (version
1994.0.2) on our Alpha, (Digital Unix 3.2). There were no fatal errors
during the build, but there were a bunch of warnings.  Anyway, running
through the $STADENROOT/testpackage/bap examples with Xbap it seems that
everything is working, except I can't figure out how to either get a map of
the contigs or a list of them.  When the database loads it claims to have 6
contigs, and the name of one pops up by default, for instance, when the
contig editor is invoked, but what/where are the others? Section 2.10 (page
50 in the manual) indicates that there is some way to plot them, but doesn't
give the command to do so. I've tried the "plot all contigs" in the middle
menu, but nothing happens. So far no command I've tried has caused the
graphics panel to show anything, including the turn on cross hair and turn
on ruler in the center menu.

Thanks,

David Mathog
mathog at seqvax.bio.caltech.edu