autoted

Dchutchisn dchutchisn at aol.com
Thu Apr 11 20:09:58 EST 1996

How does autoted check for quality?

I am currently using autoted as part of a shell script to clip ABI
generated sequences prior to being assembled, but frequently it "fails"
reads that look OK when examined with ted. Is autoted using something
besides clip-seqs to edit the trace files?

Looking at the failed trace files, there are not enough n's to warrent
failure by a sliding window of 5 bases finding 2 or more n's - which is my
(possibly inacurate) understanding of how clip-seqs works.

Are there parameters that can be set in autoted that might allow these
sequences to "pass"?

Any help is appreciated!

Don Hutchison
NCI-FCRDC/LCMS