basic input

James Bonfield jkb at
Thu Apr 25 03:11:44 EST 1996

Stylianos Antonarakis wrote:

>we need a basic desription of whats required to start putting
>sequence from an ABI373A into gap. What format of file do we
>need and how do we convert to the trace data on the ABI Mac to

I suggest that you read the Pregap manual. It's available on the WWW as

Similarly see the experiment file format. Our WWW pages also contain
descriptions of this format along with a reference to a recent paper on the
subject of experiment files (and pregap).

James Bonfield (jkb at   Tel: 01223 402499   Fax: 01223 412282
Also see Staden Package WWW site at