Error message when viewing exp files

James Bonfield jkb at
Fri Aug 30 05:14:11 EST 1996

In article <506del$n65 at> Rifat Hamoudi <rifat at> writes:
>I can view ABI and SCF files OK but not EXP files after they are
>created by pregap. I don't understand why that is?

EXP files don't contain the trace, but instead contain the trace name and type
(LN and LT line types). Trev can view EXP files, but only if this information
is correct. I guess it's the first place to start looking for problems.

James Bonfield (jkb at   Tel: 01223 402499   Fax: 01223 412282
Also see Staden Package WWW site at