gap4,vepe, and multiple vector/primers

James Bonfield jkb at
Mon Feb 26 04:24:34 EST 1996

Stephen Baird wrote:

>Does anyone know how I can process a bunch of sequences which have a
>variety of of vectors, insert sites and primers without having to
>separate them all in their various groups?

Use Pregap with an external database (where database can be as simple as a
plain text file listing the sequences and vectors). The documentation on this
has recently been improved. I suggest that you read our WWW documentation on
Pregap. See
I'm happy to answer and other queries that you have and will update the manual
too if necessary.

James Bonfield (jkb at   Tel: 01223 402499   Fax: 01223 412282
Also see Staden Package WWW site at